Angie Cohen joined Joseph Cohen & Del Vecchio PC in 2019 as Of Counsel. Her areas of expertise include corporate law, focusing heavily on drafting and review of legal agreements and resolution of business disputes, as well as employment law. Ms. Cohen also offers significant expertise in the filing of license applications on NMLS (Nationwide Multistate Licensing System).
Representative matters include:
- Ongoing review of agreements for small businesses
- Responses to DFEH and EEOC complaints on behalf of a small manufacturing business
- Filing of a Workplace Violence TRO on behalf of a credit union employer
- Pursuit of licenses in 13 states/territories on behalf of a startup crypto company to offer buy-now-pay-later short-term financing to customers
- Drafting of a commission plan for salespeople for a California-based bank
- Creation and/or revision of Employee Handbooks
Ms. Cohen became a member of the California Bar in 1992 and began her career as an Associate at Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison in Palo Alto, California. At Brobeck, Ms. Cohen focused primarily on corporate finance transactions, including venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, and initial public offerings.
After that, Ms. Cohen joined a small computer software company as its Vice President of Operations, where she managed the administrative side of the business and oversaw growth from 10 to 75 employees. She also acted as in-house counsel, handling the review and negotiation of all vendor and customer license agreements, as well as all employee relations and human resources matters. Several years later, the company was acquired by a much larger software company, Peregrine Systems, where Ms. Cohen became Area Vice President of Merger and Acquisition Integration.
After taking time off to raise a family, Ms. Cohen returned to the practice of law in 2019 and now works part-time on behalf of JCD clients and part-time overseeing the day-to-day operations of the law firm.
Ms. Cohen earned a Bachelor’s degree in English, cum laude, from Harvard University in 1989, and a Juris Doctor degree from University of California – Hastings College of the Law in 1992.